A few days ago, I wrote.
“A message from the universal Yoni
If I am wet, it doesn’t mean that I want touch or that I want sex.
and If I am dry, it doesn’t mean that I don’t want it.”
Upon reading this message, a male friend asked me a fabulous question that merits a separate post.
His question was:
What reasons can cause dryness of the yoni that are not related to sexual attraction?
Here are some answers in service of the community:
- I don’t feel like direct touch in my yoni right now, but I really want to receive touch all over other parts of my body.
- I don’t feel like direct touch in my yoni right now. in fact I rather not be touched at all. But I’m happy that you’re here with me, I want a hug.
- There are days in the month, for me it is right after menstruation, where dryness occurs for one or two days. It is part of the cleaning process of the body. It differs from woman to woman and it is related to cycles and hormonal balancing.
- I am experiencing a painful memory related to sexuality that requires healing. My yoni is signalling me to slow down and allow for emotional healing.
- I feel emotionally distant from you. I need more intimacy, a deeper listening, and conversation. There is a good chance that when this need will be met , my heart will open, and my yoni will also become wet and open.
- I want you, and I want you to touch all my body and yoni, but this type of touch is not right for me. I need it to be more… (slow, gentle, strong, present, sustained, something else) and less… (weak, strong, fluttering, slow, fast, fleeting, something else).
- I am breastfeeding. This may affect the hormonal balance and create dryness in the yoni.
- I am menopausal. A significant hormonal change may occur that can result in vaginal dryness.
- I am on the pill, that too can cause dryness of the yoni (and also a decrease in libido)
- Antidepressants / anxiety medications.
There are many other reasons for vaginal dryness.
Not every woman knows herself and what is really happening to her.
It is in an unfolding progress. We learn and then we share.
Thanks for the partnership.